Parenting can be the most important, rewarding, frustrating and heartbreaking job we ever do. I am a parent and also have first-hand extensive experience in my practice, working with the life-long effects of when parenting didn’t meet a child’s needs.
I have the skills, knowledge and experience to help you parent with confidence, enabling you to effectively support or bring about the changes in the relationship with your children and their behaviors you want.
I have developed an approach which has proven effective and doesn’t require the children to come to therapy and an initial conversation or meeting should establish if my approach is likely to be right for you.
Together I will help you understand:
- How your difficulties started.
- The difference between normal age related behaviors linked to emotional and social developmental and rudeness.
- When rebellion, rudeness, withdrawal or aggression may be masking a child’s inner struggle or a worry they have.
- What your child or children need from you now.
- How to keep or introduce healthy boundaries which enable children to feel safe and match your own values.
- Ways to broaden your style and approach to parenting.
- How to engage your children without pushing them away.
- Spotting when children may have a potential medical condition.
- What the effect of any tensions between parents or care givers has on children’s behavior .
- How your own early life experiences may be playing a part in your children’s difficulties.
Our work is designed to provide a framework and plan you can use to turn around your situation. Although it may lead to immediate changes, only by remaining sensitive to what our children need and offering this with consistency and by modelling the behaviors you want your children to copy, will you create lasting change.
60 minutes – £55
90 minutes – £75