The keys to effective group facilitation and presentation are in understanding and being able to safely manage patterns of individual and group behaviours and knowing how to connect with people in ways, that they relate to.
This two day course is for anyone who: leads or runs groups, manages or trains others, works in HR, interviews, chairs meetings or presents to others, including existing facilitators who wish to refresh their approach or those thinking of a career in facilitation.
Suitable for all levels of experience because the course is interactive, meaning you have the opportunity to apply what you learn, by working in the room with a mix of different levels of knowledge and experience, exactly as you would in practice.
Although suitable for those new to facilitation, it is by no means a basic course as I share: educational psychology as well as coach, advanced therapeutic interventions and facilitation skills.
Together these give you powerful and gentle tools to: manage and connect with others, in ways that they can enjoy, benefit from and engage with the work at hand.
There is little classroom style time as two days will be a mix of learning mainly by: giving and receiving feedback, practice, experimenting, role play and I’ll also share my experience and be happy to work with you, on any particular issues or areas you wish to develop.
During the two days you will:
- Learn about the patterns of group behaviours.
- The 4 different styles of running a group and which suits you.
- Lead the group or work on something specific.
- Understand about the “shadow” side of facilitation which keeps others stuck.
- Prepare for: a group, meeting or presentation.
- How to keep a group or presentation on track.
- Creating the right conditions so others want to participate.
- Work with negative reactions and turn them into positive outcomes.
- Handle emotions compassionately and safely.
- Learn what to do when things aren’t going as planned.
- Work ethically, inclusively and safely.
- Practice, advanced listening skills.
- Understand how “Transference and Projection” affects your work.
If you would like to know more, or discuss, if this course is right for you, please call me, as I’ll be happy to answer any questions.
Where: Near to Gatwick Airport, Banstead, Caterham, Bromley and Croydon.
Times: 9:45 – 4:45pm
When: Usually on a: Monday, Tuesday and Sunday.
Your own workshop and other venues and days possible with 4 or more.