So you think you want to become a counsellor?
I often hear from those who started training how they had no idea what they were truly getting involved with until their second year of training when they entered therapy and started looking for a placement.
Also some think they chose the wrong approach to counselling and now struggle to find employment or make a living from private practice.
In response I created this one day workshop to help you understand what the colleges and brochures don’t talk about. With the typical total cost of completing a 2 year BACP Accredited course upwards of £10,000 making sure counselling is right for you, can save you from making an expensive mistake.
During the day we will cover:
- What counselling is and isn’t.
- Overview of the main approaches.
- What’s, involved in, qualifying.
- How to choose the right course.
- Why distance learning cheats you and your clients.
- Why having your own therapy is essential to be safe and effective.
- The academic requirement.
- The emotional commitment.
- Hidden costs.
- Counselling placements.
- Why a strong element of experiential learning gives you an advantage.
- Setting up and the costs of being in private practice.
- Employment opportunities.
- Your life as a counsellor.
If you want to know more about the day, when I’m holding my next group or to arrange a one to one meeting, I’ll be happy to hear from you.
Where: Caterham, Bromley, Banstead,near to Gatwick Airport.
Times: 9:45 – 4:45pm
When: Usually on a: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday.
Your own workshop and other venues possible with 4 or more.